The 85 Series of ABUS is the best brass padlock around. The brass has the highest copper content for excellent corrosion resistance. The cylinder is unheard of for a 40mm wide lock with 5 high precision anti-pick pins! That makes picking this lock very hard.
You can literally feel the quality of this lock: it weighs 5.1oz whereas comparable locks only weigh in at 1.76oz (like the Master Lock 140D). That means more than TWICE THE MATERIAL is used to construct a very sturdy lock body!
This lock has been sold all over the world for decades. All the kinks have been worked out and what is left is a solid, smooth high performance brass padlock.
Our price is an overstock clearance price. Usually MSRP is $16.25. You will not find this lock new for less than $9 per piece online.
- Keyed Alike
- 5-pin cylinder allows for many key changes more than similar sized locks. Never have anyone open your lock with their key!
- High quality brass with high copper content for optimal corrosion resistance
- Paracentric keyway for increased protection against manipulation
- Inner components made from rust-free high-quality materials
- Plated hardened steel shackle
- Non-key-retaining (that means you can remove the key from the lock while the lock is open/unlocked)
- Automatic locking - for conveniently locking the padlock without the key
- Key number is on the key for easy ordering of replacement keys or locks
- When you move the shackle back into position to close the lock, the shackle actually snaps into the perfect position, so that you only have to push down. It does not get any easier than that in terms of operating the lock. Very nice when you wear gloves, since you do not have to insert the key either for simply locking the padlock.
- Works great outdoors due to the premium materials used in the lock
- briefcases, computer bags
- tackle boxes
- small storage units
- Garden gate etc.
- backpacks, duffel bags, sports bags
For our customers in California: Please observe the proposition 65 warning for this product: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defect or other reproductive harm.